Friday, March 8, 2013

Around Here

My camera is terrible but despite the blurriness, I thought this was such a cute picture of Brynn. I can't believe how big she looks! Isn't this a cute dress I made too?

I've been quite busy. Last week I went to the dental convention on Thursday and Friday, Lynne and Paul watched the kids. They took them to a place called Jump On It with bouncy houses and slides. Kids loved it. Derrick and I were able to go on a double date with Derrick's cousin Randy and his wife Marissa on Saturday (out to eat).
Caleb and I keep doing reading lessons. He is getting really good! He knows a few words by sight now, like is and cat. But the more important thing is that he is getting really good at sounding out words and hearing the word. He can get frustrated sometimes but I keep it positive and let him know he can get a treat when he is done and watch Rescue Bots.
Speaking of Rescue Bots, it is his favorite show and he always wants to play it. For example: he will flip a car over and pretend he is a rescue bot saving it. He comes up with all kinds of trouble and I or Derrick always have to go rescuing with him.
I got this video after Brynn woke up from a nap. The first thing we heard her say in the baby monitor was, "Come, brah brah, come" (asking for brother). He is usually the first one to go into Brynn's room in the morning and he will play with her, talk to her and get her toys. It is kind of cute. I tried to stay out of view for a little bit to get more of what they would say to each other. I didn't get too much but it is still cute:

Stories over the past 2 weeks:
  • Brynn and I were walking around Hobby Lobby. Brynn sees some beads and says, "I love beads so much."She's becoming more of a girly girl every day. And the past 3 days she has wanted to wear like 6 necklaces all at once.
  • We've been watching Brave a lot. Brynn will say things like, "Brave is sad," because she thinks Merida's name is Brave.
  • Derrick's mom was going to borrow our Yonana. We have been using it a lot lately and Caleb loves adding in the ingredients. He asked why daddy was taking it and I told him: so Grandma can borrow it. Caleb got a really worried look on his face and asked, "Will Grandma give it back?" He got a little attached :)

No comments: