Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Month of May




Pearl, Julie and Luke visited for the month of May. The cousins loved seeing each other.
 This pic was so cute:
Brynn wanted in on that pic:
 We build lots of Legos
 Brynn and Talia at Caleb's soccer game:
 After Caleb's last game:
This happens pretty often:
 Brynn on her Daddy, Daughter date to the Dinosaur Museum
 Caleb on his Father, Son date to the rock climbing gym:
 Isn't she cute?
 We love our field this time of year...it's so green!
 

Stories:
  • I've said before Brynn always tells me she wants to be a mom like me when she grows up. Recently I've notices she says it mostly when she's watching me put on my makeup and doing my hair. When I told Derrick about my observation, he said she just needs to wait until she's 14 to get what she actually wants :)
  • I heard Brynn whisper to Caleb, "Let's sneak and watch something." Caleb told her no (my obedient child). Then I told her we don't sneak things. She responded with, "Yes we do. I like to sneak things. I like chocolate chips, watching something, eating snacks." We have caught her doing all those things. The crazy one was when she got my phone from downstairs, took it upstairs and hid in the back of my closet behind some clothes to watch Netflix.
  • Caleb said to me, "I wish Talia would stay a baby until you and Daddy died then she would just turn 18." He's told me before how he thinks she's so cute and wants her to stay little but what he said was extra funny.
  • We were putting our life insurance bill in the mail. When Caleb asked what it was, I explained life insurance, using Daddy dying as the example. Caleb is always inquisitive and thinks about how things work. He then asked me, "How would they know Daddy died." What he said there wasn't funny but it shows how his mind works. I think most kids would have just thought it was cool when I explained that if Daddy died we would get a lot of money. Caleb's mind works differently.  
  • On a car ride Brynn started saying "words of wisdom." Or at least it sounded like she was imparting her knowledge to us. She said things like, "The whole world is different. Different ways have different paths," and "Some stores are closed and some are opened."

No comments: