Saturday, November 23, 2013

Prequel to Thanksgiving

 This week I took Brynn to story time at the library while Caleb was at pre-school. I wish I would have taken a video at one point the lady reading the books turned on a song about a turkey dance and Brynn was totally getting into it, flapping her arms, stomping her feet. It was adorable. At the end they made these cute turkey hats. She wore it into Walmart later that day, she loved it so much.

Monday night for family home evening we made turkeys out of Ding Dongs, toothpicks and gumdrops. The kids had a lot of fun with it.


Stories:
  • Before her night time prayer I asked Brynn what she was thankful for. She responded with her blankie. I told her that was good, what else made her happy. She responded with, "My thumb," while she was sticking up the one she always sucks. 
  • Along with that story: Brynn held up her baby doll with it's blankie. Brynn told me, "She's sucking her thumb.
  • Caleb loves to weigh himself. He has been between 40 and 41 pounds for a long time. This morning he got on the scale and it read 42. When I told him the number he put his fist in the air and said, "Yeah!"

No comments: