Sunday, June 23, 2013

Snakes and Random

I love how Brynn says "school", I had to get a video of her singing!
 We were at Walmart last night and Brynn was playing with these two snakes. She was telling me it was a mommy and baby. I got my camera out in time to get a few cute lines:
Stories:
  • Caleb said, "When I grow up I'm going to work at Daddy's work." A few days later he said, "Will I have scratchies on my face when I get bigger?" I told him he would, just like Daddy. Caleb said, "When I grow up, which computer will I work on at Daddy's work?" I told him we would find him one.
  • Derrick has been teaching Brynn that Heavenly Father loves her and He gives her lots of things to make her happy. After a few of these lessons Brynn was listing off things to Derrick that Heavenly Father gave her. "He gave me my eyes, my nose, my hands, my hang nails." Oh funny girl.
  • The last song playing in the car before we got out was "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction. We got out in the middle of it and Brynn says with a little bit of a worried look on her face, "Finish the Baby song" (Baby you light up my world...). She loves her music.
  • Brynn has also been loving me playing "Ten Minutes Ago" from Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella on the piano while we sing together. After a car ride without music, Brynn randomly sang out, "I have found him. He's an angel." So cute!
  • For Father's Day Caleb did a great job singing with the primary. I was leading the music and only looked at Caleb a little bit of the time but Derrick told me when they were singing "The Dearest Names" Caleb looked right at him at the end and while singing the last words "I love you" he smiled and pointed straight to Derrick. Derrick admitted to a small tear in his eye.


No comments: