Monday, November 10, 2008

Daddy, don't go

















I heard a story about when Derrick's was really little. His dad, Paul, was at BYU getting his masters in computer science, just like Derrick. One night Paul was leaving home to go work in the lab and Derrick sweetly said, "Daddy, don't go." I can imagine a father's heart melting at those words.

Well, tonight Derrick went to a study group then he came home and had to leave immediately for another one. I had a blah day at work and was doing nothing but chores since I got home. So, when Derrick was leaving for the second time I just started crying because I didn't want him to leave and he said, "Daddy, don't go." I knew exactly what he was talking about and I knew exactly what little Derrick felt like. Sometimes I really wish Derrick wasn't in school but I know it will be for the better.

Here I've included a picture of Derrick with the dad he loves so much.

No comments: