Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Stories

I have no idea where my camera is, hence the lack of posts lately. I thought I'd jot down a few stories though:
  • Derrick was telling us that his work had a birthday cake for him and Alyssa. Caleb looked at Derrick and said, "Is that a girl?" We said yes. Caleb said, "Girls work?" Derrick and I both knew exactly why he thought that. To him, moms are at home and dads go to work. We explained that some girls aren't married yet and don't have kids to watch. We told him that Mommy cleaned teeth at the dentist's office before she had Caleb. Caleb said, "Then you had me. Then I watched you and you watched me." So sweet!
  • We got Derrick a football for his birthday. The night before Derrick's birthday he mentioned at dinner that a football player applied for a job at his work (off topic: Steve Young was one of that guy's references--crazy!). Caleb leaned over and whispered, "We got Daddy a football for his birthday." Luckily Derrick didn't hear. Another thing, Caleb mentioned this morning that, "Mother's Day is tomorrow." I said, "Oh, are you making me a Mother's Day gift at Pre-school?" (Pre-school is tomorrow) He said very seriously, "I can't tell you." This little boy can keep secrets!

No comments: