Thursday, August 27, 2009

About Caleb

I used to think that I never wanted Caleb to grow out of his 8 lb little self because I thought, the smaller the better. But now, I don't agree with what I used to think. I like the 3-5 month stage a lot better than the first 3 months. I get sleep, Caleb is so animated, he doesn't move around yet and he is still relatively small. I love seeing his personality blossoming.
He is now laughing and smiling all the time. He also likes to watch us eat. He especially pays attention when I drink from my water bottle. Something funny he does continuously throughout the day is smack his right hand up and down about 5 or 6 times in a row. Do other babies do that or is that just him? A lot of his waking hours are spent trying to get something in his mouth. Usually it is just his hands, but when a blanket, or sleeve or toy gets in the path of his mouth, in it goes. Whoever is holding him, he doesn't look at that person very often, he always wants to look at someone else. So I really like it when Derrick holds him because then he always looks at me and it takes a lot to get his eyes away from me. He loves to see new faces. Whenever someone at the store or church smiles at him and talks to him, he smiles really big right back at them. I like that he can make other people happy that way.

And how could I forget to mention the drool. We see this all day long:

Yet another frequent sound of Caleb (you'll hear it at the end).

No comments: