Wednesday, August 26, 2009

2 Year Wedding Anniversary

Yesterday was our 2 year anniversary and it was the first time we had someone, other than family, watch Caleb. My wonderful visiting teacher, Colette, watched him. She told us that her 3, almost 4 year old, was waiting all day for us to bring over Caleb.
It was pretty weird not having Caleb with us but it was nice to not have to worry about him. When we were walking from our car to the restaurant Derrick and I could actually hold hands. I forgot how nice it is to hold hands while walking. Derrick could also open the car door for me instead of getting Caleb in the car seat. This really was a date.
The restaurant was amazing. We started off with a citrus salad:
Then we had cheese fondue with some veggies and breads for dipping. We saw the cheese melt right in front of us.

For the main course, your meat comes out on a hot stone and it literally cooks in front of you. Derrick loved his steak and I loved my chicken.

For the dessert we had a chocolate, peanut butter, caramel fondue. To dip in the fondue there was bananas, strawberries, cream puffs, marshmallows, cake pieces, apples, pineapples. It was so delicious!
For gifts I gave Derrick a new polo t-shirt and a Get Fuzzy comic book. Derrick gave me some Lindt chocolates, The Music Man, and a Bing.com t-shirt. That last one was more for laughs, he's not really that much of a nerd.

2 comments:

Cecy said...

I love your new header Danielle! Good for you for getting out, the restaurant looks amazing! I think I might have to fly there just to eat at Il Primo!!! Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, guys! Can't believe how time flies. Glad you got to go on a great date...hmm, a date. I've forgotten what that's like...